Colleagues, friends, and pet owners,
We wanted to reach out to all of you with an update on everything we are doing here at AVCC to continue to care for patients and clients while protecting our team and community from the challenges of the COVID 19 pandemic.
Most importantly, we remain open for care 24/7. However, we have developed and implement new policies and procedures intended to minimize the risks of contracting or spreading COVID 19 (see below). Although we continue to refine these based on the latest public health and other guidelines, we are now confident that we can continue to provide specialty and referral services for the foreseeable future. As a result, all of our services are fully operational at this time. It is possible that some services may become more limited if team members or their immediate families are more directly affected by or infected with coronavirus – we will provide prompt updates on any changes in the availability of our services and schedule when appropriate.
Below are the revised policies and procedures that are being implemented and provided to pet owners…
- ONLY AVCC staff will be permitted inside the hospital…
- If you have a fever, cough, or other symptoms of illness, please do not personally come to our hospital. Have a family member or friend transport your pet.
- When you arrive at AVCC, PLEASE STAY IN YOUR VEHICLE and call the hospital (954-500-8387). A nurse will be assigned to assess your pet, get a brief history, and then bring your pet inside the hospital for examination. DOGS MUST BE LEASHED AND CATS MUST BE IN A SECURE CARRIER. It is the pet owner’s responsibility to remove their pet from their vehicle.
- While you are waiting, a Client Service Representative will call you to verify your personal and pet information.
- After your pet’s examination, the Doctor will contact you via phone to discuss your pet’s condition(s) and make any necessary recommendations. A financial estimate for testing and care will be provided for your review and approval before anything else is done. This will be done by email and/or telephone.
- All payment will be collected over the phone.
- If your pet is staying with us, no personal items will be left with your pet. This includes blankets, collars, leashes, toys, and clothing from home.
- Visitation during hospitalization will not be permitted at any time. Please understand this prior to giving consent for hospitalization. The only exceptions will be for end of life scenarios.
Please stay healthy and safe,
The Advanced Veterinary Care Center Team